Thomas Sermpinis (a.k.a. Cr0wTom) is the Technical Director of Auxilium Cyber Security. He is interested automotive security, security research, and various types of security testing in vehicles, embedded devices, and low-level software.
He holds OSCP and OSCE certifications and has responsibly disclosed several zero-day vulnerabilities and web vulnerabilities to prominent companies like Google, Qualcomm, AT&T, IBM, Acronis, and Xiaomi. Additionally, he dedicates a significant portion of his time to independent research for security conferences and personal use.
In his role as the Technical Director of Auxilium Cyber Security, Sermpinis applies his extensive knowledge and experience in the Automotive Cyber Security industry to contribute towards making the world and its streets safer, in collaboration with his team of over 20 researchers. Having conducted over 100 penetration tests in some of the leading OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers over the years, he also spearheads the research operations of the organization.
In the past, he has held various positions in security and blockchain in both research and private sectors. Finally, he is deeply involved in the cybersecurity and open-source communities, maintaining a strong social media presence with regular blog and YouTube posts.
- Master’s Degree on Informatics and Management - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH)
- Bachelor’s Degree on Administration and Economics - University of Applied Sciences of Central Macedonia
- Technical Director - Auxilium Cyber Security
- Automotive Penetration Testing Lead - Auxilium Cyber Security
- Senior Cyber Security Consultant - Auxilium Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Consultant - Auxilium Cyber Security
- Security Researcher - Freelance
- Cyber Security Analyst - Auxilium Cyber Security
- Blockchain Engineer - Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH)
- Security Workshop Instructor - HAKIN9 MEDIA SP
- IT Assistant - Thessaloniki International Film Festival - TIFF
- Magazine Editor - Parabing Creations
- OSCE - Offensive Security Certified Expert
- OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional
- Penetration Testing
- Security Analysis and Research
- Automotive Security
- Blockchain Security
- Programming and Scripting (Python, C, Solidity, Go, Bash)
- Blockchain Technologies (Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric)
- Supply Chain Management